Happy New Month Everyone. What a great joy it is to be able to see a new day rather yet a new month. I hope your’e all doing well. God has been good. I’m trusting that this month will be a refreshing one filled with God’s grace, love, peace and his bountiful blessings to you and your family/loved ones. It was just yesterday that we started a new year and already we are half way towards another chapter. I personally don’t know how your year is coming along by far but I want to remind you of what God’s word says. I came across this Bible verse on a sudden day back in May while studying the word. Lord knows it was for a purpose why I came across this verse. The interesting thing is that I had a dot by this verse but on this day my eyes was set on this verse for a while. The Bible verse is Psalm 77: 11-14
I will remember the deeds of the Lord;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
12 I will consider all your works
and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
13 Your ways, God, are holy.
What god is as great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
you display your power among the peoples.
Many times, when we are faced with lives trials, we tend to forget about the God we serve. We fix our eyes on our circumstances and turn our gaze away from the Cross. We run away from his presence where he sacrificed himself for us. I came across this Bible verse two days after I graduated from college. For me, I saw it as a reminder to not forget how far God has brought me. A young woman (Sasha) once said this to me “Sometimes, God will take you around in circles not to take you in a loop but to remind you where you came from.” In all things, we must learn to give thanks to God. Just as the stream flows but never forgets its source, may we never forget all that God has done for us despite the trials we will face in this life. If it means, getting a journal to document the day and date of what took place in your life, write it down. Write down your prayer requests and give thanks to God before and after you receive the good news. Despite the trials you will face in this month or the days ahead, know that God is present in every season of your life. As you spend time in his presence, in prayer, speak his words over your life/circumstance.
Lord I come before you today as I am. I lay everything before you. I thank you for this day and what it holds. Though I do not know what lies ahead of me, I know that you go before me and behind me. According to your word in 1 Peter 5:7, you alone tell us that we should cast our anxiety on you because you care. So Lord, I am laying everything at your altar. This day is yours. Order my steps. I surrender all that I am to you. Have your way in me. Let your will be done. In Jesus name, Amen.
- Take time to reach out to your friends. Ask them for their requests. If you can pray for them while on the phone or alongside side with them, do so. If they refuse, you can pray for them. It breaks my heart when someone I know is hurting but no one is aware because they don’t know who to confide in. I understand that we are busy and we have our problems but if someone is your friend, you’ll take the time to reach out to them.
- Spend more time in the Secret Place. More time in God’s presence. With so many of life’s demands, sometimes, we can get entangled in the world’s expectation of us that we don’t even make time to be in the secret place.
- Random Act Of Kindness. Do something for someone. As we know it is a blessing to give. So give. Whether it is your time, a gift or whatever is laid upon your heart, do so with love.
- Be careful of what you feed your spirit. Take time to re-evaluate the people you surround yourself with, the music you listen to and also the movies/shows you watch.
- Take time for yourself. Treat yourself. You deserve it.
Cheers to what this month and what it has in stored for us. I absolutely love the month of July. Though I don’t always like the heat, I love the feel this month always brings. Until next time, live, love, laugh, smile and continue being you. God bless you all. Have a lovely fun-filled month. Let your light shine 🙂
Song of the day: